Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chapcom Blogging, and News

The issue of creating and maintaining a blog has been mentioned to the Chapcom, and some of the members there seem pretty agreeable to the idea. I don't know if it's going to happen, but it would be a great way to open the committee up to outside inspection and increase communication bandwidth between us and the rest of Wikimedia.

Some other committee members have mentioned that I could share some news on this blog, so long as I make it clear what information is my personal opinions and which is supported by the entire committee. To start off this new found freedom, Here is a (partial) list of countries and groups that myself or the Chapcom has heard from recently. If you live in one of these areas, please send me a message to let me know about it. Also, if you're working on creating a new chapter, but aren't listed here, send a message to me or to the Chapcom to let us know about you.
  1. Catalan language region (portions of Spain, France, Italy and Andorra). I've talked about this group before, and will likely have more to say about them in the future.
  2. Mexico
  3. Canada
  4. India
I've heard rumors about a few other groups existing, but no firm confirmations of that. If you are working to create a new chapter and your group is not listed here, please contact me or the Chapcom ASAP! Seriously, you want us to get involved as early as possible so we can help, support, and guide you.