Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chapters-Related News

A few news items to point out to people:

  1. Chapcom has decided on it's new members from the pool of applicants. I won't say anything here because the WMF board still has to approve our appointments, and I'm trying to get personal confirmation from all acceptees that they still want to be part of the committee.
  2. Delphine has posted that she's stepping down as the WMF's chapters coordinator, but she's staying on as a member (in what specific capacity I have not yet heard) of the chapters committee.
  3. We have Chapters applications in the pipeline for Russia, Indonesia, Brazil, and Norway. Hopefully at least some of these applications will be decided upon and sent to the board for confirmation within the next few days. We like to send them to the board in batches, so we are waiting on a few details to get more of them ready for confirmation.
  4. The NYC group is moving ahead at full speed. I have offered for Pharos to post an update here about it when he is ready, and I'm looking forward to that very much, as I'm sure many other US wikimedians are too.
That's all for now, I'll post more news updates as I get them.