However, to the best of my knowledge, the bylaws should cover some of the following issues:
- Organization of the chapter, including how officials are elected
- Membership, including how to become a member, dues, penalties for not paying dues
- Purpose of the organization and primary goals
- Declaration of non-profit status
- Mechanism for future amendment of the bylaws
While I'm not entirely sure that our chapter bylaws need to be quite so formal, It certainly can't hurt to provide for a future period of unimaginable success. However, I also want to be completely prepared for a situation where membership is very low, and is incapable of sustaining a hierarchy governing system. There is certainly a lot to think about, and I would like to try and get a draft together by next week at the latest.